RFC: more Windows-NT like user directories?

Alexandre Julliard julliard at winehq.org
Wed Sep 22 16:50:05 CDT 2004

Mike Hearn <m.hearn at signal.QinetiQ.com> writes:

>> Most things should be moved straight to HKLM/Software/Wine; there are
>> some exceptions for things that we want to take the opportunity to
>> fix, or for things that will no longer be part of the config. But I
>> don't think any of these are handled by winecfg at the moment; things
>> like DllOverrides and x11drv will be moved unchanged to
>> HKLM/Software/Wine.
>
> OK, that's great, exactly what I wanted to hear :)

One thing to keep in mind is that at some point we'll probably want to
put the user-modified settings in HKCU instead of HKLM, so that the
HKLM ones can be maintained automatically by wine.inf and friends.
That will probably also require winecfg to somehow take into account
the HKLM defaults and only record modified settings in HKCU, or
something like that. But we can certainly live with everything in HKLM
for now.

--
Alexandre Julliard
julliard at winehq.org