Getting winebuild to work on HP-UX

Firewall/CSI at cimmetry.com Firewall/CSI at cimmetry.com
Wed Sep 22 13:54:10 CDT 2004

Hi all,

As I mentioned in a previous post, I'm working on getting winelib to run
on an HP-UX / PA-RISC system.  The biggest problem I'm facing right now is
dealing with all of the assembly code that is put into the .spec file by
winebuild.  I'm not an expert at assembly of any form, and I know
absolutely nothing about PA-RISC assembly.

I guess my main question is: why is so much assembly needed there - can
some or all of it be replaced by C code (at least on platforms where you
never need to interact with real windows libs - like sparc/solaris and
pa-risc/hpux)?

Any suggestions on how to get this code working on hpux would be really
helpful!

Warren