winemaker/winelib problems

Tim Ruehsen tim.ruehsen at
Thu Sep 23 07:09:54 CDT 2004

i want to compile a small MFC based app using winelib/winemaker. The system is
Debian SID (upto date, daily patched) (wine 20040716).

As I understood from doc 'winelib-user/mfc-compiling' I have to compile MFC
first. I copied dir 'atlmfc' from VC7 onto my machine, cd'ing into
atlmfc/src/mfc und executing:
 winemaker --mfc .
No errors.

./configure --with-wine=/usr/bin
--with-wine-includes=/usr/include/wine/windows --with-wine-libraries=/usr/lib
--with-wine-dlls=/usr/lib/wine --with-mfc=/usr/oms/atlmfc
'checking for configure: error: Could not find the Wine dlls

And really: is not on my system, but I can
find /usr/lib/wine/
Now I try to work around it by making a symbolic link
 ln -s /usr/lib/wine/ /usr/lib/wine/

Again calling ./configure with the same options as above results in
'checking for atldef.h header... configure: error: Could not find the ATL

atldef.h does exist:
-rwxr--r--  1 oms users 7569 Sep 23 13:09 /usr/oms/atlmfc/include/atldef.h

I played around with some other options to ./configure but the result stays
the same. I edited configure to wrok around it, but I get similar errors with
other includes (which exist as well).

Can anyone give me a hint what to do? (Yes, I read the docs, but they are
somewhat confusing... looks like something is missing there).

Thanks for your patience!