[4/5] GetWindowLongPtr: Windows

Robert Shearman rob at codeweavers.com
Thu Sep 23 07:37:32 CDT 2004

Dmitry Timoshkov wrote:

>"Robert Shearman" <rob at codeweavers.com> wrote:
>

>>-    if (!(context.Eax = GetWindowWord( HWND_32(hwnd), GWL_HINSTANCE ))) context.Eax = context.SegDs;
>>+    if (!(context.Eax = GetWindowWord( HWND_32(hwnd), GWLP_HINSTANCE ))) context.Eax = context.SegDs;
>>

>GetWindowWord above probably should be replaced by GetWindowLongPtrW.
>And all appropriate ANSI variants of the GetWindowLongPtr call should
>have been replaced by a unicode one while you were at it.
>
>Of course that's not critical at all, just a nit pick.

Yes, but at least GetWindowWord warns when discarding high bytes of the
instance handle. Besides, this code probably won't compile on a 64-bit
build anyway.
I did replace some GetWindowLongA calls with GetWindowLongPtrW, but
there is really no difference between the two A and W versions in terms
of performance anyway.

Rob