Support remote operations in wineserver

Alexander Yaworsky yaworsky at migusoft.ru
Thu Sep 23 22:40:19 CDT 2004

Hello

> Sorry but I dont understand the need of remote operations in
> Wineserver.

They provide another kind of interprocess communications.
We should force another process to execute desired operation.
Added requests help to supply parameters and obtain the result.
If we would use service thread (that was removed from wine
long ago, do not mix with service thread i'm going to introduce in
service subsystem), win32 api would be enough.

> Are you going to be adding support for remote starting of services
> using RPC like Windows does via "net start" or something like that?

No.
Services is another story. I'm not going to use RPC as windows does.
Now it's essential to get local services working and RPC will only
obstruct the code.