Vincent Beron:"Re:dividsion by zero in winword"

Robbert Xerox xerox_xerox2000 at yahoo.co.uk
Sat Sep 25 02:05:02 CDT 2004

> So maybe we should actually check for the FAT
signature at buff[0x36] or
> buff[0x52] first, and then do the calculations if we
actually do find
> one of them.
>
> Changelog:
> Make sure we're really looking at a FAT before doing
some calculations
> based on the contents of the first sector of a
partition.

That doesn't solve the real issue, a FAT signature is
not a guarantee
that the rest of the block is valid, so we still need
to check these
values against zero. The code should not crash no
matter what garbage
the block contains.

--
Alexandre Julliard

Well, Vincent's Beron patch solves at least my
problem, i.e. the error is gone and the programs work
fine now.thx

Robbert