[Fwd: Problems installing IE6]

Joaquín Fernández joaquin at casadealabanza.org
Sun Sep 26 20:53:19 CDT 2004

Hello

I am trying to install IE6 in wine but i can't. When the installer is over 70% then stop and not
advance. I have made a clean fake disk the three times, i probed with WINEDLLOVERRIDES for each dll
used by IE installation, i use winedebug for seeking an error but no error, the installer is
refreshing the windows without errors but don't advance.

I am using wine version 20040914 from CVS compiled in Mandrake 10.0 with cooker updates. I am not
using config file because the wineprefixcreate don't make the file and i have seen that wine use now
several parameters in the registry.

I tryied the 3 methods in frankscorner.org but nothing, the first method using a script can't
install it. When i probed the second and third method i made a simple config file with [Version] &
[DllOverrides] sections only, but nothing, the program don't terminate the installation, stop after
70% (the % change between intents:70,73,76,81,96, etc) and only refresh the screen (i suppose that
because the labels in form are blinking).

Somebody can help me?

Joaquín

P.D.: I don't need IE6 but i need MDAC and MDAC need IE>=4. If somebody know how to install DAO
components without installing IE, i am interested in a reply.