[Fwd: Problems installing IE6]

Joaquín Fernández joaquin at casadealabanza.org
Mon Sep 27 08:07:26 CDT 2004

Mike Hearn wrote:
> IIRC this is caused by the IE installer overwriting regedit.exe via the
> symlink in the virtual windows drive with a PE equivalent, which Wine
> then fails to parse and the install deadlocks.
>
> I'm not sure how to solve this in the code, but for now Joaquin I'd
> recommend reinstalling Wine itself, making sure all the Wine files
> wherever you installed them to are read only, and the trying to install
> IE again.
>
> thanks -mike

Hello Mike, thanks for answering. When the install stop, you can press the cancel button and the
installation abort, so the install can process the events in the form. When abort, i can run regedit
without problems, so i think that the problem is not regedit. Today probed with IE5 & IE5.5 and
nothing, i can't install IE.

Any others ideas?

Regads

Joaquín

P.D.: I compiled & installed wine using root account, and run wine with an user account, very
restringed in privileges, so the user don't have permission for write in the wine installation
directory. I can run other programs but can not install IE so wine installation is not problem, i think.