Problems installing office 2k.

James Pellow james at alentdesignsolutions.com
Mon Sep 27 15:19:45 CDT 2004

Hi List,

I just installed wine from cvs as of this morning and am still having problems
installing office.  I get the following error when starting the installer
with the msi debugging channel on:

fixme:msi:MsiEnableLogA 00000516 "c:\\windows\\temp\\Office 2000 Professional
Setup (0014)_MsiExec.txt" 00000000
trace:msi:MsiEnableLogW 00000516 L"c:\\windows\\temp\\Office 2000 Professional
Setup (0014)_MsiExec.txt" 00000000
trace:msi:MsiInstallProductA "/I" ""
fixme:msi:MsiInstallProductW L"/I" L""
trace:msi:MsiVerifyPackageW L"/I"
trace:msi:MsiOpenDatabaseW L"/I" (null) 0x4055fd78
trace:msi:MSI_OpenDatabaseW L"/I" (null)
fixme:msi:MSI_OpenDatabaseW open failed r = 80004005!
trace:msi:MsiCloseHandle 405aa5aa
Installation of /I () failed.

Mike had suggested I not use the builtin msi.dll.  Since no native msi system
was installed, the office 2k installer to tried to install one resulting in
the following error:

fixme:thread:NtSetInformationThread Set ThreadImpersonationToken handle to
(nil)
fixme:thread:NtSetInformationThread Set ThreadImpersonationToken handle to
0x50
err:ntdll:NtQueryInformationToken Unhandled Token Information class 8!
fixme:thread:NtSetInformationThread Set ThreadImpersonationToken handle to
0x44
fixme:powermgnt:SetThreadExecutionState (0x80000001): stub, harmless.
fixme:powermgnt:SetThreadExecutionState (0x80000000): stub, harmless.
fixme:thread:NtSetInformationThread Set ThreadImpersonationToken handle to
(nil)
Installation of /i (REBOOT=REALLYSUPRESS) failed.

It is suprising to me that nobody else has reported this office 2k msi
problem.  I guess everyone is using OpenOffice these days :)  I really don't
use wine much, but I have been following its progress over the years and
compile and test it once in a while.  I am happy to do a little more
debugging if someone wanted to give me some pointers.  Thanks.

Cheers,

James

--
James A. Pellow, President