SystemFunction036 debugging problem

James Hawkins truiken at gmail.com
Mon Sep 27 16:38:10 CDT 2004

It turns out that SystemFunction036 is actually required to do
something for MyPhotoCalendars.exe to install correctly because the
installer exits with a program-level exception (ie not wine)  What I
would like to do is run MyPhot...exe with winedbg and then set a
breakpoint for SystemFunction036 so that execution will stop when that
function is called so I can see who is calling it or something along
those lines, but I set the break point and when SystemFunction036 is
called, the program doesnt stop at all.

winedbg MyPhotoCalendars.exe
WineDbg starting on pid 0xa
In 32 bit mode.
1249    static inline void WINAPI DbgBreakPoint(void) { __asm__
__volatile__("int3"); }
Wine-dbg>break SystemFunction036
fixme:dbghelp:elf_load_debug_info Unsupported Dwarf2 information for
ld-linux.so.2
Breakpoint 1 at 0x4089a670 SystemFunction036
[/home/truiken/wine/dlls/advapi32/crypt.c:1914] in advapi32
Wine-dbg>step
1019            ExitProcess( entry( peb ) );
Wine-dbg>step
Single stepping until exit from function,
which has no line number information.
fixme:crypt:SystemFunction036 ( _A)l at H¦X@`ùm@%!D, 256): stub
fixme:win:WIN_CreateWindowEx Parent is HWND_MESSAGE
fixme:crypt:SystemFunction036 (H¦X@, 256): stub
fixme:actctx:FindActCtxSectionGuid stub!
Invalid address (0x00404aa2) for breakpoint 0, disabling it
Invalid address (0x4089a670) for breakpoint 1, disabling it
Process of pid=0x0000000a has terminated
Wine-dbg>bt
You must be attached to a process to run this command.

Any thoughts?

--
James Hawkins