urlmon: IInternetSecurityManager

Mike Hearn m.hearn at signal.QinetiQ.com
Tue Sep 28 03:36:56 CDT 2004

> The convention with COM interfaces is to use the CoTaskMemAlloc /
> CoTaskMemFree memory management functions instead of the Heap ones (even
> though they are the same). This is just a slight nit-pick.

Hmm, I don't think we should encourage using these APIs. It just makes
the code less clear and people will waste time wondering what they're
for. It's just legacy cruft from a bygone age and there's not a huge
amount of point unless people are desperate to use the +olemalloc
channel (I suspect not).

thanks -mike