Progress Bar: Fix Class Style & Repainting (resend2)

Dmitry Timoshkov dmitry at baikal.ru
Tue Sep 28 19:21:14 CDT 2004

"Alexandre Julliard" <julliard at winehq.org> wrote:

> Isn't that going to cause a lot of flicker?  This was the reason for
> the existing code, because otherwise it looks really bad with apps
> that update the progress bar a lot.

The problem with Rob's patch is that it causes entire background of
the progress bar to be repainted. Some time ago (3 years or like that)
I wrote tests for progress bar and found that it invalidates background
only when (oldPos < newPos) and it really has a separate WM_ERASEBKGND
handler. Since then my code has been removed and rewritten (by you
Alexandre) for no obvious reason IMO.

--
Dmitry.