Nearly all Installshield installers fail

Joaquín Fernández joaquin at casadealabanza.org
Fri Apr 1 19:52:30 CST 2005

 > With my application (Route 66), it enables me to start copying files,
 > however the progress bar never moves. However, the installer is doing
 > something but seems to be stuck somewhere. Maybe some deadlocks.

Español:
Yo tuve varios problemas con algunos programas que usan InstallShield como instalador (alrededor de
3 o 4) pero pude instalarlos usando WINEDLLOVERRIDES="ole32,oleaut32,rpcrt4=n,b". Puedes probar esto
a ver si te funciona, para mí si funciona con estos programas en Wine 2004XXXX y 2005XXXX.
Obviamente, verifica que tengas esas DLLs en el sistema.

English:
I have had many problems with InstallShield but i was able to install the programs (about 3 or 4
programs using InstallShield that i need) using WINEDLLOVERRIDES="ole32,oleaut32,rpcrt4=n,b". You
can probe with this.. it worked for this programs in Wine 2004XXXX and 2005XXXX. Obviously, you must
verify that this DLLs exist in the system dir.

Regards

Joaquin