redirecting text to standard INPUT

Brouard Nicolas nicolas.brouard at libertysurf.fr
Tue Apr 5 05:39:41 CDT 2005

Le vendredi 25 mars 2005 à 22:01 +0100, Hans Leidekker a écrit :
> On Friday 25 March 2005 16:14, Raphael Clifford wrote:
>
> > I am running a windows app under wine that prints text to the screen.
> > This can be copied and pasted into wine's notepad.  Is there any way to
> > get wine to simply output all text written by the app to standard out?
>
> I remember I did something like this to extract the word list
> from a Dutch dictionary program:
>
>  WINEDEBUG="trace+text" wine <app.exe> 2>&1
>
> Because my program can't display all words at once and
> because I didn't want to click the mouse button a hundred
> thousand times I wrote a little program to do it.
>
> I used xwininfo and xev to find the window id and
> coordinates of the down arrow on the scroll bar for the
> word list. The program would then send X button press
> and release events to this window in a loop.
>
>  -Hans

With the same kind of idea, I would like to run Stata, a nice
statistical package, in batch mode (it was running in batch mode on
AIX).
On Windows (and Wine), stata pops up in interactive mode and you have an
internal windows window named "Stata command" where you have to enter
"manually" a command like "do foo.do" . And I would like to do "wine
stata foo.do" or something similar.

Unfortunately, using stata 7, all windows (Review, Variables, Stata
results etc. are imbedded in a huge "Intercooled stata 7.0" window and I
can't access to them individually. xwinfo displays the same Windows Id
for all the imbedded windows.

Any hint?

Nicolas
--