crypt32: CryptProtectData/CryptUnprotectData take 2

Kees Cook kees at outflux.net
Wed Apr 6 01:01:04 CDT 2005

On Wed, Apr 06, 2005 at 10:29:37AM +0900, Mike McCormack wrote:
> The best way to write a test is to look at some of the test cases that
> are there already.  Write and run the test under Windows, and make sure
> it passes on Windows first.  The test is something like this:

Ah!  Whoops, I didn't think to try that originally.  I was just about to
send my new patch too.  [time passes...]

>     /* try with incorrect parameters */
>     ok(!CryptProtectData(NULL,NULL,NULL,NULL,NULL,0,NULL), "crypt
> protect data should fail\n");
>     ok(GetLastError() == ERROR_INVALID_PARAMETER, "error returned
> incorrect\n");

Ah-ha, I need to make calls to SetLastError then.  I wasn't doing that
either.  Okay, 3rd time's the charm.  This patch includes full
documentation, as well as the test suite which passes both on Wine and
Windows.

--
Kees Cook                                            @outflux.net