Datetime picker updown support

Duane Clark dclark at akamail.com
Thu Apr 14 12:22:17 CDT 2005

Rob Shearman wrote:

> This seems really wrong. You are destroying and creating the updown
> control on every size event?!?! That's really going to slow resizes
> down. Is there any evidence that the native version does it like this?

No, I don't have evidence of that. On the other hand, it is unlikely the
control will ever be resized, except once after creation. Looking
through the messages that the updown control responds to, there are none
that allow resizing that I can see. And while I have not verified this
with Microsoft docs, it supposedly implements all documented functions
(according to the header).