Mouse warp questions

Lionel Ulmer lionel.ulmer at free.fr
Thu Apr 14 15:15:04 CDT 2005

> Why is MOUSE_HACK still defined? From reading the archives I concluded that
> warping the mouse in three states was disabled long ago(1), but MOUSE_HACK is
> still defined. I found a patch sent to wine-patches in 2003 which commented
> this define line(2).

Undefining MOUSE_HACK will enable a piece of code that worked well in Wine
about 4 years back but was broken when AJ introduced event compression in
the Wine event loop.

It will NOT disable the warping of the mouse to the middle of the screen,
just do it less often...

> My problem is that this MOUSE_HACK breaks the mouse in Settlers 3, bug 2475
> (3). Is there any reason why the mouse hack is still/again activated?

Are you sure that by disabling MOUSE_HACK, it fixes your problem ? If yes,
it's more a side effect of what exactly MOUSE_HACK is than a real fix.

If you could do a +cursor,+dinput trace we could see if it's the classical
problem or not.

       Lionel

--
		 Lionel Ulmer - http://www.bbrox.org/