Move notifies around to match native

Robert Shearman rob at
Thu Apr 14 15:49:45 CDT 2005

Vitaliy Margolen wrote:

>Thursday, April 14, 2005, 11:50:50 AM, you wrote:
>>Vitaliy Margolen wrote:
>>>Ok, I need help here. I spend half a day trying to fix this. I moved send notify
>>>after color and font setup in TREEVIEW_DrawItem. It's getting closer to native.
>>>But! No matter what I try, I can't set background color from within Delphi App
>>>on DrawItemNotify. Which does work on windows.
>>>Am I missing something? I changed text mode to opaque, so it should use current
>>>brush color for background. But when I printing GetDCBrushColor it stays the
>>>same! Could we have a problem somewhere in GDI?
>Thank you! One thing I can't understand is why I couldn't see those changes
>directly in DC? Unless there are something more going on inside Delphi
>Any way, thanks for you help, patch in a queue.

{Set,Get}DCBrushColor do something different to what you expect. They
set the DC_BRUSH colour, not the colour of the current brush selected
into the DC. You can get select it into the DC using
SelectObject(GetStockObject(DC_BRUSH)). The concept was probably
introduced for this very use though, so you don't have to create a
temporary solid brush and then delete it again.