Still more fun?

Rolf Kalbermatter rolf.kalbermatter at citeng.com
Sun Apr 17 14:18:59 CDT 2005

Steven Edwards [steven_ed4153 at yahoo.com] wrote:

>I think it would be good in testing Wine/ReactOS vs Windows for Winelib
applications developers.
>You can make a dummy file in your application directory called
application.exe.local to force
>Windows to use the dlls in the local directory. So say you have
IEXPLORE.EXE you would create
>IEXPLORE.EXE.LOCAL and drop the Mingw compiled dlls in to the
application folder and see how
>it runs.

Why would you need the .local file? Has there anything changed in XP or
2003 which would
prefer Windows or system DLLs over local DLLs in the same directory as
the calling executable?

I always was under the impression that the executable directory was the
first to be searched by LoadLibrary() for a DLL and it has worked that
way for me in the past, too.

Rolf Kalbermatter