Pipe names are case sensitive.

Alexandre Julliard julliard at winehq.org
Tue Apr 19 07:20:07 CDT 2005

Rob Shearman <rob at codeweavers.com> writes:

> I plan to address (1) with a rewrite of the way the OBJECT_ATTRIBUTES
> structure is marshaled to the server. This will include making shared
> marshaling, sizing, unmarshaling and freeing routines for the
> structure and it contains the information about whether or not the
> find_object call should be case insensitive. The approach will also
> include marshaling of the SECURITY_DESCRIPTOR structure for the start
> of more NT-like access checks in the object manager. However, I have
> already spotted numerous places that are not correctly setting the
> OBJ_CASE_INSENSITIVE in the OBJECT_ATTRIBUTES structure when they
> should, so these will need to be fixed.
>
> Alexandre, before I start on the marshaling of the OBJECT_ATTRIBUTES
> structure, is this acceptable with you?

It doesn't seem to me there is much to marshal in the
OBJECT_ATTRIBUTES structure apart from the security descriptor, so I'm
not sure what you plan to do. Also I'm not convinced at all that you
can avoid making the namespace know about case sensitivity; if you
allow the caller to specify it, you can create names that differ only
in case which will break callers that do case insensitive lookups.

--
Alexandre Julliard
julliard at winehq.org