regression: scrolling in WordViewer97

Rein Klazes wijn at wanadoo.nl
Tue Apr 19 08:57:29 CDT 2005

On Tue, 19 Apr 2005 00:39:49 +0200 (EET), you wrote:

> The patch [1] causes WordViewer97 to stop redrawing correctly after the
> visible part of a loaded document has been scrolled.  I may switch to
> another workspace and back to paint the thing OK and this annoys me.
>
> I think it is a bug.  Is it related to another bug reports?  Or should I
> fill a new one?
>

> [1] http://www.winehq.org/hypermail/wine-cvs/2005/03/0493.html

The program is using ScrollDC directly. The DC has somehow a NULL
visible region, which to my understanding means it is invisible. Clearly
something is wrong with that.

Before the patch, ScrollDC completely ignored the visible region,
leading to wrong updates.

Finding out why the visible region is a NULL region is the way to fix
this bug.

I am not aware of similar bug reports, a new one is OK.

Rein.