windows file dialogs with unix file path

Michael Jung mjung at iss.tu-darmstadt.de
Wed Apr 20 11:45:13 CDT 2005

Hi,

On Wednesday 20 April 2005 09:36, Mike McCormack wrote:
> If you figure out how to make a file open dialog use that code, let me
> know.

If you import the attached file with regedit the unix filesystem will appear
in open/save file dialogs. Currently it only shows folders, no files, since
this is all what is needed for winecfg's drive mapping property sheet. I'm
still working on it (though I didn't have too much spare time lately) to
extent it to files and make it more complete.

This all doesn't help a whole lot, however, if what you want is to access
files via unix path names. The CreateFile etc. functions still do not know
how to handle unix paths.

I thought about a per application property in the wine configuration, which
states if an application can handle unix paths correctly. Wine's file
functions would accept unix paths only if this property is set for the
running application (winelib apps probably should be provided an api to tell
wine programmatically that they know how to handle unix paths). The unix
filesystem shell namespace extension (uuh?) would also appear only, if the
property is set.

What do you think about this idea? What is your guess about how much effort
this would take?

Bye,
--
Michael Jung