windows file dialogs with unix file path

Francois Gouget fgouget at free.fr
Fri Apr 22 19:09:36 CDT 2005

On Sat, 23 Apr 2005, Andrew Neil Ramage wrote:

> What about writing Unix paths like an URL ?  So you would have
> unix://path/to/file

Why not write Unix paths as 'z:/path/to/file'. It's just one letter
instead of four so it would be even easier. Implementation's trivial
too, we would create a symbolic link to '/' called 'z:' in dosdevices...

Hmm, I feel like I've seen that before. Where???

      The software said it requires Win95 or better, so I installed Linux.