Installing Mozilla

Juan Lang juan_lang at yahoo.com
Fri Apr 22 19:18:58 CDT 2005

--- James Hawkins <truiken at gmail.com> wrote:
> Just because Mozilla is passing a bad memory address doesn't mean
> it's a bug in Mozilla.  For example Mozilla could have requested
> some information from wine and we gave them the bad memory address.

While that's certainly possible in general, that doesn't appear to be the
case here.  The bad pointer is the destination address of
WideCharToMultiByte, not the source.  Typically this will some buffer or
other internal to Mozilla.

I'm not claiming there isn't a bug in Wine.  But I think the immediate
thing we're seeing is a bug in Mozilla (likely triggered by a bug in
Wine.)  The nls trace might be interesting, because the source pointer
appears to be valid.  So, what string are they trying to translate?  An
error message perhaps?  That might point to the cause of the problem.

--Juan