windows file dialogs with unix file path

Vincent Béron vberon at mecano.gme.usherb.ca
Fri Apr 22 19:22:21 CDT 2005

Le ven 22/04/2005 à 20:09, Francois Gouget a écrit :
> On Sat, 23 Apr 2005, Andrew Neil Ramage wrote:
>
> > What about writing Unix paths like an URL ?  So you would have
> > unix://path/to/file
>
> Why not write Unix paths as 'z:/path/to/file'. It's just one letter
> instead of four so it would be even easier. Implementation's trivial
> too, we would create a symbolic link to '/' called 'z:' in dosdevices...

People wanting access to unix paths in Wine want a "normal" unix path,
ie /path/to/file instead of z:/path/to/file (or z:\path\to\file). The z:
part is not unix, and that breaks the integration (use of a drive letter
while on unix).

The other thing is if/when z: doesn't map to / anymore... how do you add
it back from within winecfg?

> Hmm, I feel like I've seen that before. Where???

No idea. Maybe you should submit a patch to Wine :)

Vincent