Installing Mozilla

Juan Lang juan_lang at yahoo.com
Sat Apr 23 13:42:50 CDT 2005

--- Alexandre Julliard <julliard at winehq.org> wrote:
> Actually, judging from the pointer values I get on my XP box the
> buffers seem to be 64 chars long.

Okay, changing patch to match.

> Still, I'm not sure why Mozilla feels the need to overwrite them, that
> doesn't seem right.

No, it doesn't, although their comments explain the motivation: on some
versions of Windows NT, the value is incorrectly set for some time zones.
Nonetheless the code is doing the wrong thing: it's converting an entire
string, e.g. "GMT Standard Time", rather than the time zone portion alone
("GMT").

--Juan