Installing Mozilla

Juan Lang juan_lang at yahoo.com
Sat Apr 23 13:59:37 CDT 2005

--- Dustin Navea <speeddymon at gmail.com> wrote:
> Perhaps they are thinking along the lines of the whole string being for
> example "GMT -06:00 Central Time" ? In which case they wouldnt want to
> convert just the GMT as it would product the wrong result.

Apples and oranges.  By "converting," I mean "WideCharToMultiByte," that
is, character conversion from Unicode to ANSI.  Converting more of the
string doesn't help.  The correct value in this case would be "CDT", and
they wouldn't produce that.  See their code.

I agree with you a bug (and patch) ought to be filed against Mozilla.  I
may someday, but in the meanwhile, feel free.

--Juan