[AppDB] Version 1.00 of Warcraft III added by Christopher Morgan

Jesse Allen the3dfxdude at gmail.com
Sat Apr 23 17:03:05 CDT 2005

On 4/23/05, AppDB <appdb at winehq.org> wrote:

> Version 1.00 of Warcraft III added by Christopher Morgan
> http://appdb.winehq.org/appview.php?versionId=3051
> This version has been submitted by Ben Klein.
>
> Best regards.
> The AppDB team
> http://www.winehq.org/
>
> If you don't want to receive any other e-mail, please change your preferences:
> http://appdb.winehq.org/preferences.php

Hmmm.  Should we be avoiding duplicate information?  I already
maintain a howto listed under "1.00+".  In it I already cover, one
running the game, including NoCD patches (though I encourage running
official exe's and show how it's done)  and second  the issues with
game movies.  What this new note does not cover is running under
opengl, working multiplayer and battle.net modes, winver settings to
use, differentiation of wine versions, and miscellenous bugs.  This
new note may be a little misleading because Warcraft 3 uses D3D8 so
Oliver's patch is not required, but it may be an improvement, I don't
know.  I typically run the game in opengl.

There are other instances of duplicate information in the Appdb,
perhaps we need to clean this up.  But it is enormous work.  I have a
hard time just keeping my howto up to date.

Jesse