Debugging with GDB [was: Re: World of Warcraft - crash in game]

Troy Rollo wine at troy.rollo.name
Sat Apr 23 18:23:22 CDT 2005

On Saturday 23 April 2005 22:12, Alex Woods wrote:
> I'm attaching to the process with gdb, but it's not catching things at
> the point where they go wrong.  Typically I am just seeing a stack like
> this though:
> #0  0x56752a01 in ?? ()

If it's only giving one frame in the stack trace the cause is normally a
corrupted stack, so you may need to examine the stack to try to figure out
where the stack frame should be (starting with "x/256xw" may be helpful if
the stack pointer is still valid).

Otherwise, when debugging with GDB without going through winedbg you may need
to use the "pass" command to skip over first chance exceptions in some cases
before you get to the real exception.