tools/widl

Alexandre Julliard julliard at winehq.org
Mon Apr 25 09:56:04 CDT 2005

"Ge van Geldorp" <gvg at reactos.com> writes:

> This is a big problem for me. Eric Kohl (not me) did a lot of work on WIDL
> in the ReactOS tree, there's about 20 patches to follow after this one. If
> this first patch is not acceptable and needs to be rewritten, it means I can
> no longer simply pull following patches from our SVN repository. Since I
> didn't write the original code in the first place, having to do patch
> generation manually will a) significantly increase the chance of introducing
> bugs and b) take too much of my time.
> Maybe we can try to find a solution at WineConf?

The solution is for ReactOS developers to submit Wine changes to
wine-patches at the same time as they commit them to the ReactOS tree,
instead of waiting for patches to accumulate and then trying to do a
big merge. That's how we do it at Codeweavers: we used to wait until
the next Crossover release to merge patches, but it was very painful,
so now developers submit changes to wine-patches as the same time as
they put them in the internal CVS, and it makes things a lot easier
for everybody.

--
Alexandre Julliard
julliard at winehq.org