How to deal with different struct sizes per OS

Paul Vriens paul.vriens at xs4all.nl
Tue Apr 26 01:08:55 CDT 2005

Hi,

while dealing with the SYSTEM_PROCESS_INFORMATION struct in winternl.h I
found that the struct has different sizes for NT/W2K/W2K3.

How do we deal with this? Have a struct per OS and deal with it in the
handling part (ntdll/nt.c in this case) for what *version* returns?
Should the default one be the most extensive one?
We obviously need a run-time check.

While I'm at it, this struct contains another struct (VM_COUNTERS). Do we
want the seperate items in SYSTEM_PROCESS_INFORMATION or a reference to
VM_COUNTERS? (VM_COUNTERS looks cleaner).

Cheers,

Paul Vriens.