D3D9 Work?

Oliver Stieber oliver_stieber at yahoo.co.uk
Tue Apr 26 09:45:58 CDT 2005

--- Benjamin Cutler <cutler at cs.colostate.edu> wrote:
> I was discussing this with some others who hang out
> in the #winehackers
> channel, and I'm curious who else might be working
> on the D3D9 portion
> of Wine. I was unsure of how ready for inclusion
> into the main branch
> the unofficial patches are, but I've heard from a
> couple sources that
> most of the patch isn't. I'd like to get some
> opinions on what's ready
> and what's not. I'd hate to start submitting pieces
> of the patch, only
> to find out that person X was already working on
> that part and had
> something better in mind, or even worse to find out
> that somebody's been
> maintaining contact with Oliver and I'm just getting
> overeager to see
> the patches in Wine.
>
> Somebody also mentioned that there are others
> waiting for Oliver's
> patches to be submitted so that they can continue
> their D3D9 work, so I
> was curious if there were any of you out there that
> fall into that category.

I too have been keen to merge the work with winehead,
this hasn't happen todate for a couple of reasons.
1: I've been moving house so I an afford to continue
directX 9 work.

2: Because a lot of the work I was doing involved
interface a structure changes large areas of the code
were affected, combining this with the day or two turn
around with patches into wine cvs and I was spending
more time merging with wine than developing directX.
Because the patches I would send into winecvs would be
outdated so quickly I was reluctant to send them in.

The work has now stabalise a lot, so sending in
patches should be troublesome, I never managed to
figure out how to work svk properly.

Oliver.