Bugzilla voting

Dustin Navea speeddymon at gmail.com
Thu Apr 28 20:59:15 CDT 2005

Just had a quick question about the voting process on Bugzilla, hope
Jeremy sees this and can answer it.  It seems that when a bug is voted
for by 1 person, it does not become confirmed like it used to, it now
takes 2 votes.  This seems a little unnecessary, as 1 vote would mean
that 2 people are experiencing the same problem (the reporter and the
person casting the vote), in which case it is most likely a bug, and not
some mis-configuration.  If we are worried that a bug reporter might
exploit this and confirm his own bugs by using the voting system, we
could always set it up to disallow votes from the reporter, couldn't we?

Just my thoughts.  Hoping you will see my point and lower the "number of
votes to confirm" value by 1..

Dustin