No subject

Tue Aug 30 17:20:58 CDT 2005

is located at 40303a24, and the stack pointer points
to 405c6638.  The system call itself is an
    open( 41610240, O_WRONLY|O_NDELAY )

[The stack pointer value is rather weird, I'd say ...]

This particular open mode occurs in the Wine source only in
dlls/winmm/wineoss/audio.c, which confirms the sound hypothesis.

The next time you reproduce the bug, could you please add
the output of /proc/<pid>/maps for the hanging Wine process?
This way, we could further analyse these pointers to Wine
user space ...

The more promising way to track the problem, however, is to
find out which module those d* addresses above reside in.
If the modules are still loaded, the output of /proc/ksyms
should at least give a hint.  For a more refined symbol
lookup, it is best to use the 'ksymoops' tool, which correlates
the /proc/ksyms output with the ELF symbols read from the
object modules themselves.  To do so, write this:

Call Trace: [<d0826a42>] [<d087ce3e>]

to a file and pipe the file through ksymoops.

In any case, this would seem to be clearly a bug in that
sound module.  I don't know, however, why only Wine would
trigger that bug ...

Bye,
Ulrich

--