No subject

Tue Aug 30 17:20:58 CDT 2005

line that is \-escaped (" => \" and \ => \\). Windows programs might use
this as part of a WinExec call (as above), which in general is not
\-escaped.

The only way around this problem (I could think of) is to stop
ENV_BuildCommandLine from \-escaping the command line. This implies that
we cannot accept double-quotes on the command line as part of an argument.

I have a patch which is a hack-and-slash to remove the \-escaping and the
resulting build processes arguments consistently (and Office97 setup gets
a bit further). However, someone's obviously gone to the trouble of coding
in support for double-quotes, so is this needed? Is there an alternative
solution?

Cheers,

Paul.