No subject

Tue Aug 30 17:20:58 CDT 2005

"Fortunately, most OSS applications have a build system based around the
 MinGW tool chain. Sometimes they have alternative build systems for the
 Borland and/or Microsoft tools, but more often than not they have to
 support the MinGW tools out of necessity. I will cover this class of
 applications for the rest of this section."

I should have been more clear: this message address this class of apps.
The closed source ones have a VC++ build system, as you say, and are
covered by winemaker. Not the focus of my efforts, though.