No subject

Tue Aug 30 17:20:58 CDT 2005

Windows knows about. There was some speculation on exactly how and when they
differ. For example, what type of filesystem is reported on DVD's? Tony
summed it up:

So we The way I see it Windows knows about the following file systems. CDFS,

HPFS is irrelevent.
CDFS covers all CD like Media.
FAT will deal with all drives less that 2 GB.
NTFS can be used with drive over 10MB.
FAT32 can be ignored.

I just figured that you should know that the best bet would be to have wine
return vfat instead of fat or ntfs, as fat == fat16 which has a 2 GB limit,
while vfat == fat32 which has a 4 GB limit..  This is actually referenced on
microsoft's website (although I couldnt give you the exact address) and can
also be found on thru google..

As always I'm not subscribed to the list, so please CC me with any replies..

Do you Yahoo!?