pf_vsnprintf implementatnion of 'I', 'I32' and 'I64' prefixes for type specifiers

Jonathan Wilson jonwil at tpgi.com.au
Tue Aug 2 08:11:13 CDT 2005

Question: Why doesnt WINE just have a complete implementation of the core
"printf" logic itself? With all the differences between "printf" as defined
in ANSI C and as is present on the systems WINE runs on (i.e. linux,
darwin, solaris, BSD etc) and "printf" as implemented by Microsoft in their
C Runtime library, it seems to me that it would make more sense to write a
complete implentation of the core "printf" functionality instead of trying
to make it "fit" onto whatever minimum set of functionality the target can
be expected to have and hacking the rest on top of that.

Although I dont know much about the differences between printf & friends on
linux, windows, solaris etc etc so I could be way off base here :)