Standardize the DllGetClassObject prototypes

Robert Shearman rob at
Fri Aug 5 07:48:16 CDT 2005

Francois Gouget wrote:

> According to MSDN the prototype of the DllGetClassObject() functions is:
> *ppv);
> But in Wine it has sometimes varied a bit, like returning a DWROD
> instead of an HRESULT. Nothing too serious but I like order so I went
> through them and made them all the same.
> There's one which is more seriously wrong though:
> MSXML_DllGetClassObject() is missing the WINAPI. This cause
> winapi_check to issue an error and is how I got into this.

That wouldn't have happened if the function had been called
DllGetClassObject instead of MSXML_DllGetClassObject. Is the uniqueness
of the name really more important than the compiler being able to
typecheck it? Can we please not introduce any more of the Dll* functions
with DLLNAME_ prefixes?

Rob Shearman