Wine printer configuration

Detlef Riekenberg wine.dev at web.de
Sat Aug 6 04:25:15 CDT 2005

Am Freitag, den 05.08.2005, 16:07 +0200 schrieb Andreas Mohr:

> > My problem is now that because wine is running on the server we had to
> > configure the 350 IP based printers also at the server side.

> > Can we filter out the printer for location X if there is a connection from
> > location X?  so that they only see that printer that is located in their
> > location and not the other 349 printers.  I doubt that it is possible but
> > I have to figure out a way to fix it.
Just to make sure ...
- One Server with Wine and 350 Clients?
- Every Client has a local Printer?
- OS and Printing-System on the Clients?
- OS and Printing-System on the Server?

winspool.drv (wine) loads all local Printer (from CUPS and
from /etc/printcap) every Time, a new Process is attached to the DLL.

wspool.c: DllMain  ->  info.c:WINSPOOL_LoadSystemPrinters(void)

Thats not fast/useful for such huge number of printers.

Many Printing-Functions are incomplete and even fixed to WINEPS.DRV
I'm working on this in my free time.

--
By By ...
      ... Detlef