Help debugging GLXUnsupportedPrivateRequest failure

Alex Villací­s Lasso a_villacis at palosanto.com
Mon Aug 8 11:39:42 CDT 2005

Lionel Ulmer wrote:

>On Wed, Aug 03, 2005 at 12:13:00PM -0500, Alex Villací­s Lasso wrote:
>

>>No luck. The patch did not change a thing in my configuration. It still
>>fails with the exact same failed request.
>>

>Did you test any other OpenGL application (except 'glxinfo') with your
>set-up to see if this is Wine specific or generic to GL ?
>
>         Lionel

I updated my Fedora 4 setup with a new version of gcc (4.0.1 instead of
4.0.0), then compiled a vanilla 2.6.12 kernel and the Wine CVS tree.
This made the issue magically disappear. Now I have an unrelated crash
*after* a setup screen, but this is definitely a progress. I would
recommend staying away from gcc 4.0.0 and update to 4.0.1 or higher
before compiling Wine, since this obviously indicates a miscompiling of
Wine source code.

Alex Villacís Lasso