Help with debugging needed

Stefan Dösinger stefandoesinger at gmx.at
Sat Aug 13 17:15:34 CDT 2005

Am Samstag, 13. August 2005 19:34 schrieb Lionel Ulmer:
> > This looks like a really nasty heap corruption to me, and I'm afraid it's
> > beyond my knowledge. Can anyone of the ddraw/d3d people help me?
>
> I think best would a +ddraw,+heap,+relay,+tid,+seh trace to be able to see
> where the corruption may occur. And it's not because it crashes into DDraw
> code that it's DDraw responsible for it :-)
I've made a +ddraw,+heap,+relay,+tid,+snoop tray long ago, and it didn't bring
up anything usefull to me. I'll have another look and report back.

I indeed was in doubt that ddraw or dinput are causing the problem, and I
didn't find anything wrong in the DDraw code. Well, I'll see.

BTW, Empire Earth crashes in exactly the same way in Cedega, where I expect
the DirectX implementation to be quite different.

Stefan