IStorage* vs. LPSTORAGE vs. winapi_check

Marcus Meissner marcus at jet.franken.de
Tue Aug 16 11:44:58 CDT 2005

On Tue, Aug 16, 2005 at 04:33:36PM +0200, Francois Gouget wrote:

> I checked the prototypes of OleDoAutoConvert() and GetConvertStg() and
> they use LPSTORAGE rather than IStorage* so I think the 16bit versions
> should match. This would avoid introducing ISTorage* in win16.api.
>
> However one could probably also argue that these functions (which are
> currently just stubs) should take a SEGPTR anyway...
>
> This brings me to OleLoad16() and ReadClassStg16() which were causing
> winapi_check to complain because they have comments in their prototypes
> that look like documentation to it. I think the right way to handle
> those is use the regular documentation to document the real type of
> these pointers, i.e. do it as follows:

The LPSTORAGE layout is definitely not the same.

So LPSTORAGE16 would be more fitting I think.

Also when not using "SEGPTR" I get conversion warnings and it clarifies
a bit what exactly the type of the argument is.

I am fine by the patch, but will have to fix it up regarding LPSTORAGE
once we get to the point of implementing those funcs.

Ciao, Marcus