IStorage* vs. LPSTORAGE vs. winapi_check

Francois Gouget fgouget at
Tue Aug 16 17:31:36 CDT 2005

On Tue, 16 Aug 2005, Marcus Meissner wrote:
> The LPSTORAGE layout is definitely not the same.

What do you mean? I just replaced 'IStoreage *' with 'LPSTORAGE' and
since the LPSTORAGE declaration is 'typedef IStorage *LPSTORAGE;' the
layout should be the same. Now if the original prototype was wrong for
some other reason that's another issue.

> So LPSTORAGE16 would be more fitting I think.

You mean in the documentation?

> Also when not using "SEGPTR" I get conversion warnings and it clarifies
> a bit what exactly the type of the argument is.

Do you mean it would be better not to use 'SEGPTR' in the prototypes?

Francois Gouget         fgouget at
       Broadcast message : fin du monde dans cinq minutes, repentez vous !