commctrl: dialog theming

Evil wine at eternaldusk.com
Wed Aug 17 17:35:21 CDT 2005

I'm no longer able to run programs that require the native comctl32 and
commctrl DLLs, since updating to today's CVS.  Could it be related to
these theme patches?

It seems that now, if you override comctl32 for any app (or globally),
even WineCfg itself will error out with the error.

    err:thunk:_loadthunk (commctrl.dll, Cctl1632_ThunkData16,
    comctl32.dll): Unable to load 'commctrl.dll', error 2
    err:module:LdrInitializeThunk "comctl32.dll" failed to initialize,
    aborting
    err:module:LdrInitializeThunk Main exe initialization for
    L"c:\\windows\\system32\\winecfg.exe" failed, status c0000142

The native commctrl.dll and comctl32.dll both exist in my windows/system
directory - the same versions that always worked before.  Overriding
commctrl doesn't have any effect on this error.

-J