Throwing in an idea (probably it was discussed before though)

John Smith devel8421 at hotmail.com
Mon Aug 22 04:29:21 CDT 2005

>This will just allow developers to hide bugs in wine and slow development
>even further, I thing it's a bad idea.
Ahem. To say it politely - I didn't get an impression that WINE developers
are desperately looking for unknown bugs to fix.

Situation is pretty simple. We have an application, which works Ok under
WINE, provided that Managed=N specified (with CrossOver it works Ok
out-of-the-box). We won't change our code to go around WINE shortcomings (we
checked relevant portions of our code though for potential bugs and found
nothing), but we would add some kind of hint to make life of our customers a
little bit easier. On the other hand, if WINE team doesn't care about
current WINE end-users (and there are lots of them, despite the fact that
WINE is still Alpha; they just download binary RPM provided and expect their
favorite applications to work out-of-the-box) and thinks that they should
wait until bug-free WINE released - we don't care much either.