Remove unnecessary #pragma code_page(xxxx) statements from winefile .rc files

Martin Fuchs martin-fuchs at gmx.net
Mon Aug 22 12:23:00 CDT 2005

> This is because 'LANGUAGE LANG_xxxx' statements don't actually change
> code page specified by a previous '#pragma code_page(xxxx)', therefore
> russian resources get translated to unicode using wrong code page.
> I don't know whether it's an rc bug or a feature. We either need
> to remove '#pragma code_page' statements altogether, or add them
> to all included .rc files. I took the 1st approach.

> Changelog:
>     Dmitry Timoshkov <dmitry at codeweavers.com>
>     Remove unnecessary #pragma code_page(xxxx) statements from
>     winefile .rc files, they confuse the resource compiler.

Please be carefull to remove the code page pragmas.
IMHO this is not the correct way.
When there is no other code page given, the resource compiler uses the
current code page of the operating system. And I don't think, all of those
language specific resource scripts will compile correct on all possible
OS code pages. The reliable way would be to include the correct code
page at the begin of all resource scripts.
Please take in mind: Wine is compiled on many different environments:
LANG_C, de_DE.ISO-8859-1, en_EN.UTF-8, swedish, or whatever...
Removing the code page pragmas would require to test the correctness of
the compilation results of all different languages on all possible platforms.

Regards,

    Martin