Need some help with a patch for version.dll

Stefan Dösinger stefandoesinger at
Thu Aug 25 14:29:14 CDT 2005

> I can't use a LPCSTR, cause:
> BOOL WINAPI VerQueryValueA( LPVOID pBlock, LPCSTR lpSubBlock,
>                                LPVOID *lplpBuffer, UINT *puLen )
> lplpBuffer points to a place in pBlock where the value is. This value is
> in most cases a UNICODE string. This string has to be converted to ANSI
> and placed on a different place in pBlock (+ info->wLength + 4).
> Hope this makes sense.
Oh, sure, you can't change it here. I guess you need a typecast here to
supress the warning.

But there are some helper functions for converting a unicode string to an ansi
string. If you can use them, this might save you some troubles.