Need help debugging a memory corruption bug in shfldr_unixfs.c

Andreas Mohr andi at rhlx01.fht-esslingen.de
Fri Aug 26 15:26:42 CDT 2005

Hi,

On Fri, Aug 26, 2005 at 10:10:16PM +0200, Michael Jung wrote:
> 1) Can someone give me some advice on how to debug such a problem?

Why not use a watchpoint on that location?
Choose some significant function call a while before the crash,
have a breakpoint on that function (a DPA related function probably is best),
check out which infoPtr is the relevant one, then watch on the hdpaItems location, i.e.
watch *0xsomewhere
then continue execution until it triggers and you know where the value got overwritten.

> 2) Did other people see this bug already?
Not me.

> 3) Would valgrind be of help to debug this?
In theory it's possible, but valgrind currently doesn't work with Wine any more
(or rather the other way around), AFAIK.

Andreas