IDA Pro Regression

James Liggett jrliggett at
Sat Aug 27 22:40:24 CDT 2005

A week or so ago I reported some regressions running IDA pro on wine.
I've done some regression testing and I have found the patches that were
causing the problems. The first problem I noticed were the large edit
boxes in the General Registers window in IDA's debugger. It was caused
by this edit control theming patch:

I also noted a crash after setting the debugger's process options. I
found that this problem was also caused by a theming patch, this time
for comboboxes:

Since I'm really not too familiar with these areas of wine, perhaps
someone with a little more experience with these patches can take a look
at them so that they can be fixed.